Saturday, April 23, 2011

The True Meaning of Easter

...is sweets plus arts and crafts. Or so it would seem if one observed my behavior today, the day before the day.


Here is one of the latest additions to our family here at the Jenkins house.



Not all of his brothers and sisters were ready to greet the world.



Another new resident of my parents' house.



The arts-and-crafts portion features eggs made from a tie-dye egg kit. Among some sweet rocks.


And perhaps my favorite part of the day, thanks to Real Simple magazine. Check it: gumdrops, smashed thin with a spatch, cut in half and rolled into roses or cut into leaves. Tip: use lots of sugar as you'd use flour in kneading bread, because when you roll them out, you expose a much stickier side of the 'drop.


In short, I feel very accomplished today! How fun.


I'm glad I decided to blog for Lent, and exceedingly glad it's about over. While many of the posts have not been as theological and Lent-y as I'd envisioned, it's been a helpful and thought-provoking exercise. Thank you so much, everyone, for reading and supporting this and so many other projects. I'll be posting regularly, just not holding myself to doing it every day. Expect lots of links, which I've been looking forward to sharing after Lent.


Have a great Easter tomorrow, everyone. What a joyful occasion! Celebrate renewal, redemption, love, and faith.

No comments: