Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The Next Step

Ta-da! The blood donation went fine, of course. They gave me Nekots afterwards and lots of water. It's pretty rare that one is encouraged to sit still and eat a snack for ten minutes. I did get a little squeamish thinking about some of the questions, some of the diseases they asked if I had, etc. But as I said, it's all psychological. I'm trying to decide now if this is something I should do regularly. It's such an easy way to help, really. While donated, I focused on the TV, which was on a show I'd never seen, but I think it had the guy who's on Love Actually as the rock star's manager/buddy and also on The Full Monty. But he was playing an American! Sitcoms in general are so bad, and this one was no exception. Thank God for the exceptions, and for the welcome distraction of a bad sitcom when you'd rather not think about the vital fluids leaving your body.

Now that I've done something unpleasant to serve others, the next step is twofold: to make it so that's not a rarity, and to do it without making a hoopla, blogged or otherwise. There's nothing humble about announcing to all of the internet what a servant you are! I've got a long way to go.

Tomorrow, I'm leaving for points north: Princeton, then Boston, then New York, then Richmond, to see schools in each spot. Friends have graciously loaned a GPS and suggestions for good food and fun. I'm about to print out my itineraries and directions, pack quickly, and get a good night's sleep so I can hit the road early. There's nothing like driving for hours and realizing it's only ten a.m.! I will attempt to continue the daily blogging on the road; if that doesn't pan out, I'll have a full report upon return.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Safe travels and enjoy your visits! I know God will reveal the right choice for you and unlike me you will probably recognize his answer.