Tuesday, January 12, 2010

keeping up the pace

Reading Seagrove blogs has gotten me all bloggy, plus I hope to make 2010 the Year of the Blog by being more diligent about it, so here's a post practically on the heels of the last one.

Things Taize and Seagrove have in common:
-They both make me feel at peace and I want to be there a lot.
-They both have remarkable people producing pottery.
-They have complex relationships with outsiders.
-They began with one visionary person or couple.
-From there, they ballooned quickly as a surprising number of people responded and loved the idea of the place. But for all that,
-popularity was never really the goal for either but is certainly a means to two desirable ends in both cases.

www.taize.fr/en just might change your life. Certainly changed mine. (To be clear, the website, while it's great, is less likely to change your life. I'm referring to the place.) Would you like to go with me sometime? One of my life goals is to go back one day, ideally with a group. Plus we will get to see Shakespeare & Company and whatever else you want to see in Paris. I'm an excellent tour guide, ask anyone.

I'm feeling bolstered lately by the uncertain euphoria of almost constantly thinking, "This is my last semester!" I absolutely can't wait to see what's next.

It's very nice to have Tuesday off. Unlike having Friday off like last semester, it's an unexpected little tiramisu (pick-me-up). In a couple weeks I'll start doing pub lab hours on Tuesdays, but for now it's sweet.

No comments: