Friday, May 9, 2008

I Love the 90s

The other night, I found Quantum Leap on Ion, this weird channel with reruns from that era. I can't even tell you how happy that made me. The show is emblematic of childhood summers--it used to come on at noon every day, and we'd watch it while we ate lunch, then resume our playing. I want to find DVDs now and spend days watching Quantum Leap. It's better than the other bad-but-good shows from the 90s. I was up earlier than usual a few weeks ago and got to see Saved by the Bell and Fresh Prince. And I'm rereading the Dark is Rising sequence, from even earlier. So, nostalgia all the way lately.

It's remarkable how abruptly something can lose hold of me; I'll read two-thirds of a book and suddenly realize I'm not interested. And since school ended, I've had fun being mostly alone and reading, but just today I decided that time is over and I'm ready to be sociable again. It's like something outside me has flipped a switch, arbitrarily. So let the cartoons begin.

No comments: