Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Weekend Update

I left town on Friday, a little after lunchtime, to go to Mom and Dad's. Dad was directing a play, a series of five short one-acts. I saw it Friday night and laughed and laughed. On Saturday, Mom and I got up early and picked up our friend Laura to go to Seagrove. It was a nice, relaxed trip because I didn't need to do any particular research or get any information--I just wanted to see the 200 Cups of Tea (a fundraiser for the Three Cups of Tea guy) and have fun. Laura and her daughter Molly had never been, and they liked it. It's always extra-special when you get to introduce someone to something you love and know they'll like.

Laura's husband had come home a few weeks ago with an English bulldog puppy with a hot-pink harness and leash, and said only, "Her name is Katherine, but she prefers Katie." I got to meet her on Saturday when we picked Laura up. She's three and a half months old and really, really cute in the way that only puppies are cute. If we hadn't been going to Seagrove, she'd have made my day.

Today I finally put together some syllabi. They're lookin' pretty good. It feels so weird to be going into my last year as a TA, as a student, as someone whose options are limited. I'm very curious about what's going to happen next. But also trying not to worry too much about it until there's actually action I can take.

No comments: