Monday, December 15, 2008

Three Moments

There was a Santa at the shopping center yesterday where I graded papers. I stopped on the way to the bathroom to see what he was telling the kids, partly because I had just seen The Santaland Diaries and there was a lot of talk about the different kinds of Santas. This one was saying to the boy on his lap, "Do you have a backup plan? Because you might need one."

In church yesterday, a family was lighting the Advent candles and had their youngest boy read the prayer. It sounded quite clearly as if he said "Let us play" and "In Jesus' name we play."

I saw James Van Der Beek riding his bike at Wrightsville Beach the other night, right past the window while I ate dinner at a really great Mexican place. He even rode back in the other direction, allowing me to confirm that it was him.

No comments: